Medical Director - Mental Health | Tasmania
Position: Medical Director - Mental Health
Work Type: Full Time – Fixed Term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020)
Looking for your next big move?
Career Medical is currently seeking an experienced motivated Medical Director, for the state-wide Tasmanian Health Service.
About the Role:
This stand out opportunity will give the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to greatly develop their career. Stepping into an advisory support role to the Clinical Executive Director – Mental Health Services in the delivery of the strategic direction for the Mental Health Services state-wide clinical services stream.
As part of a multidisciplinary mental health service you will assist delivering high quality mental health care, in accordance with Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies.
This Medical Director:
• Provides medical professional leadership to the Mental Health Services state-wide clinical services stream.
• Undertakes supervisory responsibilities with Psychiatric Registrars and other medical staff as required/appropriate.
• The Medical Director provides advice to mental health professionals and other health service providers, including general practitioners and other agencies, about the assessment and management of individuals with mental health and/or Alcohol and Drug disorders.
· Outstanding remuneration package
· Professional development assistance
· Values driven culture
· Fantastic leadership experience
· Excellent opportunities for career development
· Flexible frameworks to support your growth and work life balance
· Current Specialist AHPRA Registration
· No AMC MCQ – Must be accompanied with 12 months AUS/NZL experience
· Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS), or equivalent
· Recent Criminal History Check & WWCC
If you are interested in this role, or hearing about other current opportunities, please contact us on 02 8234 8989 or email email@example.com– Hurry this position won’t last long!