Career Medical Recruitment is working on a client hospital in Cebu, Philippines, a non- stock, non-profit organization, owned and managed by Asociacion Benevola de Cebu Inc., it is no only a medical institution but also a provider of community service to the Cebuanos and rest of nearby regions.
It is the first hospital in the Visayas and Mindanao and 3rd in the country to be accredited by the Joint Commission International, an international agency that sets international standards based on the quality and safety of patient care.
The hospital has 660 bed capacity with state of the art facilities and equipment, it is considered as one of the biggest, advanced and fully integrated health care facility in the Visayas and Mindanao. It is located in the heart of the famous Cebu's landmark, the Fuente Osmena circle.
We are currently seeking for an Infection Control Manager, provide coordination of the organization-wide Infection Control Program, including surveillance and rpevention activities, data colectio, analysis and trending, and to serve as a resource/consultant for all departments and services regarding infection control issues. As such, the role of the Infection Control Manager combines epidemiological and public health concerns with administrative tasks, and inludes patient education and care as well as the education of medical staff regarding infection control protocols and policies. S/He is responsible for infection detection and management throughout the hospital.
1. A Doctor of Medicine specializing in Infectious Diseases or a degree in Bachelor of Science in Nursing with at least nine (9) units in management and administration courses at the graduate level.
2. A valid license issued by the Philippine Professional Regulatory Commission as applicable.
3. Minimum five (5) years Infection Control experience in an acute care setting or in a hospital environment with two (2) years of management experience;
4. Working knowledge of patient care practices, microbiology, sepsis, disinfection and sterilization practices, adult education principles, infectious disease, disease transmission, surveillance techniques, performance measurement and improvement principles strongly preferred.
5. Experience in JCI, JCAHO or any International Healthcare Accreditation standards.
6. Currently certified for Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation).
7. Certified for Infection Control Training given by Phil Hospital Infection Control Nurses Association (PHICNA).
8. Knowledgeable on relevant national and local accreditation agency requirements (e.g. City Health Office, Dept of Health, PhilHealth, etc).
9. Experienced in group presentations, problem solving (e.g. analysis), quality management and systems thinking; applied knowledge of applied biostatistics, written and graphical presentation skills;
10. Experienced in developing and facilitating learning using adult learning principles;
11. Possess leadership skills/qualities including but not limited to the following:
b.Sound decision-making skills
c.Effective time management
12. Superior people skills.
13. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office application.
14. Excellent communications skills, both oral and written in the vernacular and English languages.
15. Must commit to maintain patient confidentiality at all times.