Health Information Manager - West Melbourne, VIC
Position: Health Information Manager
Work Type: Full Time
Location: West Melbourne, VIC
Looking for something different?
Career Medical is currently seeking a motivated Health Information Manager for a leading hospital in Melbourne, VIC.
Are you looking for a unique and dynamic environment, where your health information management & clinical coding skills will be valued? We currently seeking a candidate willing to take the next step in their career for a stand out institution.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating coding, coding education, coding audits and VAED data submission. You will also be responsible for daily operations of the scanning team and systems administration of the EMR application. This role provides a wide scope of responsibility with the opportunity to be involved in a variety of tasks on a regular basis.
Applicants must have appropriate Health Information Management qualifications, previous experience in both coding and operations management as well as application system administration is highly desirable.
Manage internal and external coding quality audits
Mentoring other clinical coding staff and students
Manage medical record retention and disposal
Act as medical transcription services system administrator
Manage the operations of the HIS scanning team
Assist with the coordination, planning and implementation of e-health initiatives
Assist the Chief HIM with other management areas as required
This position will be best suited to a candidate looking to further their health information career.
· Generous remuneration package
· Salary Packaging
· Study leave assistance
· Free parking
· Supportive learning environment with annual training programs
· Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
· Excellent career development opportunities
Skills & Experience:
· A qualification in Health Information Management or clinical coding
· Eligible for membership with HIMAA
· A minimum of (3) years’ coding experience within Health Information services
· Well-developed clinical coding skills using ICD-10-AM 9th edition.
· Great organisational, communication, and customer service skills.
· Knowledge of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG’S)
· High level of Computer Literacy
You will have the opportunity work with a supportive and growing team with exceptional benefits.
Closing Date: 9th July 2017
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to start a new and exciting role, please send your CV to Kristen Danielsson (linkedin.com/in/kristen-danielsson-him) at Recruitment@careermedical.com.au, or call us on 02 8234 8989 today.