Health Information Manager, VIC
Position: Health Information Manager
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Ballarat, VIC
Looking for something different?
Career Medical is currently seeking a motivated Health Information Manager for a leading hospital in Ballarat, VIC.
Are you looking for a unique and dynamic environment, where your health information management & clinical coding skills will be valued? We currently seeking a candidate willing to take the next step in their career for a stand out institution.
The HIM role is responsible for using all available tools to accurately and comprehensively code inpatient episodes within the timelines specified by the Health Service. The applicant will have a naturally inquisitive mind facilitating the identification of documentation gaps to raise and process documentation queries while working seamlessly with supporting departments.
The focus of this position is the management of medical record forms including paper and electronic forms. The incumbent will be actively participating in the transition from the Digital Medical Record to the Electronic Medical Record and from a single hospital record to a shared regional EMR. The role will also encompass data management subacute VAED and clinical coding.
This position will be best suited to a candidate looking to further their health information career.
· Generous remuneration package
· Supportive learning environment with annual training programs
· Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
· Excellent career development opportunities
Skills & Experience:
· A qualification in Health Information Management or clinical coding
· Eligible for membership with HIMAA
· A minimum of (3) years’ coding experience within Health Information services
· Well-developed clinical coding skills using ICD-10-AM 9th edition.
· Great organisational, communication, and customer service skills.
· Knowledge of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG’S)
· High level of Computer Literacy
You will have the opportunity work with a supportive and growing team with exceptional benefits.
Closing Date: 5th July 2017
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to start a new and exciting role, please send your CV to Kristen Danielsson (linkedin.com/in/kristen-danielsson-him) at Recruitment@careermedical.com.au, or call us on 02 8234 8989 today.