District Coding Manager Newcastle
Looking for a change of scenery… from the hustle and bustle to cosmopolitan easy living with beautiful beaches and wineries at your doorstep?
Career Medical is seeking an innovative and strategic District Coding Manager for Hunter New England Local Health District. In this rare opportunity, you will step into a strategic leadership role in Medical Records in one of NSW’s largest Health Services.
HNE is after a passionate forward thinker with strong leadership skills passionate about coding quality and its implications for the health service. As a highly organised manager you will be responsible for the professional leadership of clinical coders across the district covering a region of 131,785 square kilometres with the role being based on the John Hunter campus in Newcastle. You will be able to make this role your own, responsible for supporting and organising relevant programmes for coders, you must ensure the maintenance of a high level of coding quality and accuracy across the District and ensure completion of coding within designated deadlines. The Manager will develop and employ appropriate education, mentoring, support and audit programmes and resources to ensure a sustainable and effective coder workforce in Hunter New England.
- Health Information Management and/ or advanced Clinical Coding and Coding Audit qualifications from a recognised and accredited organisation
- Experience developing and presenting Coder education together with experience in the development and conduct of coding audits
- Experience in a similar senior role and demonstration of a strategic approach to managing a District wide service
- Proven ability to work independently, to set and meet deadlines and demonstrated ability to analyse and present data
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate, consult and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels, including senior clinicians and senior management
- Experience working with Clinicians to ensure that clinical documentation is of the highest quality to facilitate best practice coding and communication.
The position is based at the Local Health District Headquarters on the John Hunter Hospital campus in Newcastle only 1.5 hours North of Sydney. Newcastle is in the heart of the Hunter Region and is bordered by a stunning coastline with beautiful beaches.. Hunter New England Local Health District covers the area from Lake Macquarie in the south to Taree on the coast in the north, and north west through the New England and Tableland districts to the Queensland border.
Newcastle has become a very popular area for Sydney siders due to the attractiveness of the cost of living within location to excellent facilities, beautiful beaches, world renowned wineries and rainforests all within a short driving distance. The 7th largest city in Australia, Newcastle is a vibrant expanding city with world class education facilities, a relaxed lifestyle and easy accessibility by air, rail, and interstate coach services.
We are quick to short list to don’t delay. If you are ready to start a new and exciting role, please send your CV to Kristen Danielsson at Recruitment@careermedical.com.auor linkedin.com/in/kristen-danielsson-him or call us on 02 8234 8989 today.